Saturday, March 24, 2007

Laughter to Tears

Even in laughter the heart may ache, and joy may end in grief. - Proverbs 14:13

When I first read this, the first thing that came to my mind was, "This is really true." Not only for me, but I'm sure that this is true for everyone. Looking back in time and even now, some of the laughs I enjoyed was just covering my aches, pains and sorrows. The worries I had were hidden away, the suffering was held within. I usually tell people to not keep things inside because it's not healthy for them, in an emotional/mental way. But yet I don't listen to what I say. So hypocritical eh? Even though I know how bad it is to keep things hidden away inside, locked away never to be seen or heard by anyone, I still do it. Maybe it's just I haven't found anyone I can tell, or I just don't want to burden others with what I have.

Jon T. came out onto the stage at coffeehouse with 5 or 6 backpacks hanging from his arms and shoulders. All the burdens, worries, etc were too heavy for him. One by one, he let them go, taking the weight off himself. Too bad they aren't actually that easy to drop onto the floor and walk away from them.

"But we all bleed the same way as you do, and we all have the same things to go through." - Good Charlotte: Hold On

The video for this song was originally speaking to people who ever thought about suicide, people who experience it and survived, and others who knew someone that suicided. Not that I am thinking about it, it's just what the video was talking about. The sentence just reminded me of how everyone goes through the same things as well. Everyone keeps a lot of things to themselves so they can't be hurt by others or burden others.

I know that I will slowly be able to let these things go, one at a time. But for now, I'll just need to deal with them. Through the strength that God has given, it shall be done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you man, trying to laugh away our surrows but deep down its really just killing you, dang i hate itt

Christopher Luk said...

Well, if you need an open ear, my ear is usually quite open! :p Well, except when my Shure E2c's are in, but considering they're out of commission now, my ears are wide open! :D

Mwa-haha :D