Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Birthdays!

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to Jeffrey. Happy birthday to you!" That was sung by my Biochem class + our professor. This was all thanks to Simon and Rachel. It felt embarrassing yet joyful at the same time, lol. Having over at least 700 people singing happy birthday to you is a birthday gift I'll never forget.

So yes, I did study on my birthday. Didn't get much done though. Only had maybe...3-4hrs to study that day. Anyways, so the day started off by going to Biostats class. Nothing special happened there except I saw Rachel telling something about me to Karen L. Afterwards, we studied a bit but not much at the library. Off we went to eat lunch and then to Chemistry. Was "fishing" a few times during that class. Then came BIOCHEM! Always loved that class. Our prof for these few sections is great. So funny and enthusiastic (can't believe he can use Calvin and Hobbes comics to relate them to biochem). As everyone was starting to leave at the end of the lecture, the prof announces: "Jeffrey Cheung. Where are you?...It's his 20th birthday today. Lets all sing happy birthday to him." All I could do was to turn to Rachel. How did I know it was from her. I guess it was from experience and just knowing she would pull something like this. And she got herself a helper too. But thanks Rachel and Simon! for that..umm...gift. After that, I stayed behind for the tutorial with Karen L and Charis. Karen and I were hungry/thirsty, so we walked up to where else but Tim Hortons. When Karen was purchasing, I heard her say boston cream. I was like "WHOA! Karen's going to eat a boston cream!!!" But after she got it, she just gave it to me and said happy birthday, lol (darn, thought she was finally going to eat it). It would have been a better gift if Karen at it for me, hahaha, but it was still very nice. Thanks Karen! After tutorial, we went to the library to study. Only got an hour done there since I went to prayer meeting. And all the time I was at prayer meeting I was worrying about my stuff being taken away at the library because I left it there. This was all thanks to you Karen as well for making me think it's going to be taken. Prayer meeting ran a bit longer than usual but it was fine. Got back and started to study again. Got text messages from my sister and her boyfriend saying happy birthday as well. Thanks Karrie and Kevin! I then got a call from Simon to come home earlier because people are coming over. So I left at 10pm with Shirley (birthday girl), Enoch and Vivian for my house. When we got there, there was pretty much only a few people at our house. It seems like no one arrived earlier than us to give Shirley and me the "surprise!". Slowly but surely, everyone started to arrive. Tracy brought a mango cake from TO for Shirley and me. Thanks Tracy! After failure attempts of me trying to slice the cake and loitering at our house. I opened the presents people gave to me. Thanks Rachel and Victoria for the 15 pairs of black socks! Thanks Stephanie and Hiram for the dress shirt! Thanks Abraham and Karen C. for the dress pants and tie! Now I have another full suit I can wear. It will make its first appearance either at Unity Formal or LCAC dinner. Afterwards, Justin L decide we should all go to A&P, so we did. Bought a few groceries at that time too so we won't starve during our studying week.

Overall, this was a great birthday. Highlight was definitely the prof + biochem class singing happy birthday. Got a hand shake from the prof too! Thanks everyone for a great day!

So now I'm 20 and 30 is starting to crawl nearer. Why am I already thinking about 30s? I've got other things to worry about than turning 30, lol.

Thank God for providing me with such great brothers and sisters in Christ and family. Been a wonderful birthday and hopefully the last birthday gift would be a very well done biochem exam (too greedy??)!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIRLEY!!!!

In Christ,
Jeff

3 comments:

Loey said...

ok honestly.. you turned 20 a little over 24 hours ago and you're ALREADY looking at 30? what is wrong with you man!?!?!? Stop skipping over the 10 more years you still have before you reach 30.. and 30 is too far away to be thinking about that right now. so i say this with caution, what really matters is the present. i mean you have to look towards the future, "plan ahead" but you can't be too focussed on the goal and lose sight of the present. (i'm sure enoch will come up with a good counterargument, but i say this is sufficient for 240am)

anonymous said...

ahahaha...you're thinking about 30?!?!?!? No worries, most of us at #4 are pretty close behind you anyway (by 1 year); some of us *cough cough* Hiram *cough cough* are only a few days behind you LOL.

Anywho, the tie was from Simon, not me or Karen...just thought you should know.

Swirlee said...

hahaha thanks and i've said it so many times to you that it would be silly to say "you too" but i'll say it anyways...happy bday (belated?) again to you too rofls

too many bdays these few weeks.