Saturday, November 11, 2006

Psalm 86 + He Answers

1Hear, O Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2Guard my life, for I am devoted to you.
You are my God; save your servant
who trusts in you.
3Have mercy on me, O Lord,
for I call to you all day long.
4Bring joy to your servant,
for to you, O Lord,
I lift up my soul.

5Your are forgiving and good, O Lord,
abounding in love to all who call to you.
6Hear my prayer, O Lord;
listen to my cry for mercy.
7In the day of my trouble I will call to you,
for you will answer me.

8Among the gods there is none like you,
O Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.
9All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you,
O Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.
10For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

Don't you just love it when you open your bible at a random spot and something just jumps out to you? Well if you don't, that's too bad. I find it quite fantastic because it seems like the Lord is trying to say something to you. Trying to grab your attention.

I was in Organic Chemistry class one day and Shirley Y. was sitting beside me with her bible on the table. I wanted to take a look at her bible because she had this metal bible holder when most people had a fabric holder. It so cool, the case is kept closed by a magnet, SICK! Anyways, I took a look at the bible and started to flip through pages and randomly stumbled upon Psalms 86.

Let me back-track for a second and tell you how my week was so it makes more sense as to why these verses jumped out to me. So basically last Saturday I did my Biochemistry exam and felt really bad about it because I can feel that I didn't do that well. I felt quite confident at some point before writing the exam that I might just be able to do well on this exam. But during and after the exam, that feeling pretty much wasn't there at all. But couldn't do anything about that anymore since I'm not writing the exam anymore. So the next thing I had to study was for my Geography "quiz" (50min with 39 questions does not constitute as a quiz in my vocabulary). I thought to myself, "Oh good, I have a few days to do some studying for this test." Sunday came by, Monday came by, Tuesday came by. It's not like I didn't do any work through those few days but it felt like I did minimal work. On top of that, I remembered I still had to do my Biostats lab assignment which was due on Friday with a lab to do as well for Organic Chemistry Friday morning. So basically, I was pressed on time to get stuff done.

So I decided to try to pull another all-nighter so I could finish the lab assignment for Biostats and get some more notes done for Geography. I did a bit of the lab but didn't understand at all how to do it so I just left that. By that time, it was already 4am and I had no energy left to stay up. Wednesday rolled by and I was feeling quite crappy and stupid. The fact that I couldn't get everything organized and manage my time better made me feel crappy. The fact that I couldn't understand how to do the lab and study properly for the quiz made me feel stupid. After I got home from classes, I started to study like mad for the quiz. Rachel messages me and asks me about the lab assignment. So I just sent her my unfinished copy while I continued to study. A few minutes later she messages me and said I sent the wrong lab assignment. Then I realized that I sent the wrong lab because I did the wrong lab. After finding that out, I felt even more crappy and stupid. I was bascially thinking again, "KILL ME NOW!"

I've never felt this bad in university before I think. But at time moment, the Lord sent his sons and daughters to my side to comfort me. People just started to message me and asking how I was feeling and why the crappiness and stupidness. Upon that, they also prayed for me and stuff :).

6Hear my prayer, O Lord;
listen to my cry for mercy.
7In the day of my trouble I will call to you,
for you will answer me.

So basically story cut short at this point. The Lord does answer your prayers. He was just so awesome after that point on. The quiz ended up being extremely easy, my lab assignment was completed due to the help of Rach and Steph, and the chem lab was pretty easy as well. It just felt like all my stress and anxiety was replaced by happiness and freedom. God had answered my brother and sister's prayers and mine as well! He heard my cry for mercy and help and He came. Ah, the feeling that I got when everything was done was unexplainable.

One thing that I really wanted to do after all my work was done was to be able to just sing praises all night long in ACF. And He answered that too! It was Praise and Prayer night at ACF yesterday. WOOT! How great is our God!!

In Christ,
Jeff

4 comments:

Swirlee said...

YAY! PTL as T-sa would say. hahaha.

pi said...

Amen. ^_^.v.
and Hallelujah =)

God is faithful. He really does hear and answer praises! Our Lord is beyond good =D

Christopher Luk said...

PTL PTL PTL!!! *arm and leg thrust*!!!

That's such a cool week :) It's always such a kicker when you figure out at the END of the week that God was behind it all :D

theresa :) said...

PTL! *arm and leg thrust* PTL! *arm and leg thrust* PTL! *arm and leg thrust*!!!

hahaha. chris i will never forget your richard simmons-like PTL dance :D

jeff we can show you what it looks like soon so you can do it when you have another awesomely fantastic week like the one you described in your blog! yaaay so awesome to hear of His blessings in your life!