Saturday, October 21, 2006

Believe

"Believe, our blades will not break. Believe, our souls will not break."

Bleach has such great phrases from time to time. I "borrowed" this from the latest manga because I thought it sounded cool. Then Enoch asked me if I was going to blog about it. I told him that I didn't really know what to blog about. But as you've already guessed, I have figured out what to blog about, lol.

So what did the first part mean to me? "Believe, our blades will not break." I interpret this as to our bodies will not break. As long as we believe in God, the body of Christ will not break. As long as we stand together, we will not break. Not even Satan can break through us. We just need to remember to believe and trust in our Lord. The Lord will give us the strength to push the enemy back and resist temptations. We prevail!

Second part: "Believe, our souls will not break." Basically the same thing I guess. Believe in the Lord and our souls will not be broken. Nothing will shatter our soul. No attack can penetrate us, no abuse will break us.

This will go off topic for just a few seconds. So I just did my Organic Chemistry midterm exam. I felt like I aced that exam. I knew what to do, I knew how to reason my answers. I just felt like nothing could ruin my perfect exam. Then I got home and the answers were up for the exam. Feeling all happy about how well I believed to have done, I hurried to check the answers. After checking, my smile turned upside down. I could not believe how badly I did. I checked my answers over and over again. It was the same mark over and over again. It was quite depressing and sad to have found this out. I was just like, "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!" After a few minutes of sadness, I felt no pain anymore. It felt like, the sadness couldn't get to me anymore and all I can feel is okay-ness (not really happiness but felt alright). Then I read my MSN name.

"Believe, our blades will not break. Believe, our soul will not break."

It just popped into my mind that God has come and blocked everything. He has given me the strength to overcome this sadness.

Everything that we do, everything that we say will have their consequences. Either it is good or bad, we will get through the tough times as long as we believe in our Lord. Believing that he will grant us the strength to overcome the hardships. He will walk with us and guide us, protecting us from our enemies. There will always be tests in our life. Whether it is in our workplace, at school or in life, we just need to believe. Believe not only in our own strength, but in God's strength as well.

Hope this made some sense because I just read over a bit and confused myself, hahaha.

In Christ,
Jeff

2 comments:

pi said...

thanks for your comment ^_^

yiay to cool sounding anime/manga phrases!! and it's really cool to hear how you're getting application to your walk w/ God as well ^_^

haha stealing from something Enoch shared with me
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail."
- Lamentations 3:22

woot and praise that He has picked you up and sees you and us through all things!
Hallelujah!

keep on bro + take care!
Gambatte! ... errr Add Oil! (don't remember it in Ping Yum) ;)

enochtang said...

the sword could, in accordance to the armour of God, be the Word of God. So i saw it as the truth of God does not break and neither will i. We rely on something solid and we are something solid =]

it's great that you've been given this revelation at this time though. We will always find if we are seeking.