Friday, January 19, 2007

I had this predestination + free will arguement thought up during my car ride back to London after the break. NOW I FORGOT!! *tears* Hope God will remind me of what it was so I can share it.


I've been struggling with the thought that academics, marks and school aren't important when most of my life has been revolving around school and studying. People always say that school isn't the most important. True, it isn't the most important, but it is important to me (not most).

I think studying has just stepped up in my list of important things in my life. After a horrible first term, study has push aside fun and games and going out more to the bottom of the list. It is now yelling and punching its way up the list even more like a crazy kid fighting his way to the ice cream man.

School itself hasn't been so bad this term. Though reading itself kills me since I hate reading to the max. This means I'm already behind in reading. So many chapters, so many words, so many definitions, so many theories, so many pictures (OooOooOOoOOO pictures!). On top of that, I finally have to start writing assignments which I really dread at the moment because of the non-internet resources we need to get for it even though it is a one page assignment. Hope this term would be a lot better than the last term or else I would go crazy and jump off a building so it all ends.

So weird that during the holiday break, I was so excited to go back to school and start the new semester. I still am happy to be back, but it just brings bad memories of marks and working extra hard.

Exercise, ha ha ha. Yeah, that ain't working out as I really wished it would. Haven't made my way to the gym at all. I should just...I don't know ^shrugs^. Maybe go for walks to clear the mind or run in the morning when the ground is a lot less slippery. Bike would be nice but not in this weather.

Going to retreat for the weekend. Reflect and renew myself there. Come back with a new strength to tango with school and the rest of life again. Hurray for retreat!

In Christ,
Jeff

2 comments:

pi said...

well.. it is hard to deny that school has importance due to the fact that we are students. So, obviously, being a student and taking one's studies seriously has a real impact on our lives, as well as the outward image that we portray to those around us.

maybe I'm crazy.. but something I think I've heard about the importance of being right with God and that "right-ness" transcending to all other areas...

Anyway.. keep your head up =)
=) for retreat

it will be a good term. God bless.

karriecheung said...

maybe if you didn't keep thinking that you hate reading so much, all that reading you DO have to do won't be so bad after all.

hey, at least you're not an English major like your good 'ol sister over here.