Saturday, January 27, 2007

Fun+Games But Time To Be Serious

So much has happened in such a short time. Went to retreat last weekend with my everyone in ACF. It was awesome I have to say. At first I didn't feel like going on the day of departure, but I don't regret going now. The day started off with a lot of snow. Why did it have to snow? But at night after dinner, we all walked out to head over to a different building, the snow stopped and guess what! The sky cleared up = stars everywhere! I got to sit outside in the cold and just stare at the luminous helium and hydrogen in the sky (taking astronomy so yeah...). I think I saw a total of 3 shooting stars, it was wonderful. The talking/sharing was an added bonus that night.

Next morning, my small group was in charge of prepping breakfast. This was probably my most memorable part of all retreats so far. First off, Shaggy appeared out of nowhere! Glad he could make it for just that one day. At my breakfast table, I realized I was eating cereal with milk. This is not a good thing considering I'm starting to be or already am lactose intolerant. So we started to talk about farting and how the silent ones are the most deadly (EBD). We also talked about how we would tilt to one side so that we wouldn't make any sounds when we farted. This would make it less embarrassing but more deadly for some reason. During that whole time, I was just accumulating the gas in my stomach. Then without notice, I tilted to one side and released on towards Victoria. She didn't notice at first until I asked her if she smelled anything. Hahahaha, jokes. Didn't get a chance to lay one on Theresa since we both are the gasy type.

Eating times are always the best. It's always stress free and so amusing when people tell jokes, do funny things or just act foolish. So easy to be yourself and enjoy your time with your friends. How I already miss it!

The sermons were good I thought. The "balance in our lives" portion of one sermon really got to me, seeing how I don't really balance my life that well. Roger's Sunday morning sermon was good as well. He never ceases to amaze me.

Arriving back in London, Hiram, Simon and me went to McDonalds and met Karen, Wayne and Joe there. Wayne gave us coupons and we got 2 Two-Can Dine deals. Hiram and Simon shared one, I ate the other myself. Mmmm, 2 Big Mac combos *drools*.

Week has been alright. There was lack of motivation to work or do anything at all. Thursday night I went back to campus and tried to do a whole nighter at the UCC but failed and left at 1:15am. Boy was it a cold night. I didn't sleep until 5am due to cooking dinner at 2am-ish and watching stuff on my computer. Woke up at 7:30am and left to give my friend a book to bring to Toronto for me. Stayed for prayer meeting. Got home and didn't take a nap. Tried to but got woken up by loud shouts. Showered and went to fellowship. So worried that I'd fall asleep because it was Praise and Prayer night. Didn't want to fall asleep during the prayer part. To my amazement, I felt no tiredness at all. Afterwards just loitered in the room. Bunch of us went to Barakat's for some shwarmas. Mmmm, good 'ol shwarmas *drools*.

Still very unmotivated to work. Midterms are creeping near once again. The horrors and nightmares of answering questions wrong loom over my shoulders. Breathing down my neck. Laughing at my stupid mistakes. Too bad I can't jab my pencil at it.

It's going to be rough, but we'll all pull through.

In Christ,
Jeff

3 comments:

pi said...

"luminous helium and hyrdogen"???
hehe sooo nerdy ^_^.v.

I'm glad to hear you've had much time for bonding and chatting w/ people stress free =) these are the good things for remembering ^_^

do not worry about this term, each day has enough worry of its own right? =) but, I know you've been doing some work each day; and keep lifting up your studies and the issue of balance to God, and all things will work out best according to His plans =)

no stress! no neck breathing/looming! haha glad to see there's laughing though ^_^ Keep on hard after Him! God bless ^_^

Swirlee said...

major pencil jabbing towards whoever's sneaking up behind me???????????????

boo to worrying. i yell at it...RIGHT NOW (only virtually; i don't want weird looks at taylor...)

theresa :) said...

thanks for telling everyone that i'm gassy. hahaa.. i love farting stories! we should make a blog JUST to share farting stories/advice/random info! LOL :D