Thursday, April 30, 2009

Trust (See Faith)

This was suppose to be posted yesterday, but for some reason my keys were changed (ie. a became q). So here is it...all finished...kinda...!

Haha, I realized whenever I try to find something on trust, it will always refer me back to faith.

I started reading Malachi last night before going to bed because in my bible the book subtitle was "When Faith Goes Weak" (I think...or weary...). Considering all that's happened and more happening as these days go by, it would be wise to read about what happens when I start to lose faith in God. Or maybe the book will tell me why I shouldn't lose faith. Either way, I will still learn something.

I didn't get too far since it was late and I was tired, plus I didn't want to try and read as much as I can since I won't understand anything. After reading the first chapter, I found something I could relate to.

7 "You place defiled food on my altar.
"But you ask, 'How have we defiled you?'
"By saying that the LORD's table is contemptible. 8 When you bring blind animals for sacrifice, is that not wrong? When you sacrifice crippled or diseased animals, is that not wrong? Try offering them to your governor! Would he be pleased with you? Would he accept you?" says the LORD Almighty.
- Malachi 1: 7-8

I think I've done that before. Well, not literally. When we have faith in God, we'd put down the best we have and trust that He will provide us with whatever we need. But it seems like I've put down crap on the table and hoping God will provide me with the best things possible. How could I be so naive to think that God would accept it?? Sigh, maybe that just shows how weak I am and believe things that I shouldn't, especially if it's coming from me.

Learning to trust isn't as easy as one would think. Thinking back and trying to remember the last time I put my trust in someone, when I truely opened everything up was a while ago. There are always things people hide and won't trust anyone with that information. But, of course, there is God. The one exception to whom you can trust to keep that information safe. But still, there are times when we don't utilize the things we have because to trust is to become vulnerable to everything (well, maybe not everything...some things for sure).

So what did I learn yesterday? I suck at trusting, hahahahaha.
Action: Read more and maybe I'll learn to trust!

Hmm, I don't think my thoughts are that organized after reading all this again...oh well! Have fun trying to understand it!...lol

No comments: