Monday, May 04, 2009

To the Rescue!

So today was the first day of work and it wasn't too bad. It was only orientation so we all pretty much sat in a room for 8hrs with breaks here and there. Getting paid to sit there and listen, can't complain or argue with that!

I also started the first day of distance studies for a psychology and a philosophy course. I know, the course load is pretty bad. I looked at the syllabus for each course and noticed a few things. For psychology, I need a textbook to read and make comments on the discussion board plus weekly quizzes and 2 exams. Not too bad except for the textbook, but luckily someone's taken the course before and hopefully the textbook is the same. For philosophy, I needed a textbook and course package from Inprint (a printing store at UWO). I looked at the syllabus and started to freak out!!!

How was I going to get this course package??? I'm in Markham, the course package is in London. I'm not travelling 2hrs just to get a course package. So I started to think of ways to get that course package to Markham without me going to London. The only thing that came to mind was asking someone that's currently living in London to send it through mail to me. So I started to scramble to think of someone who'd be willing to do this for me. As I was doing this, I was talking to Justine and telling her my problems. Suddenly, Cindy messages me and asks me why I'm taking courses still. Then it hit me. Cindy is in London and coming back soon! PTL! My stress has been taken away.

This little thing about a book caused me so much stress in that one hour. But thankfully I was rescued!

Now looking through the entire syllabus for both courses...I'm screwed, hahaha. So much to do for them both. Readings and essays and quizzes. I'm going to die. But never doubt God in the way he does things. It may seem hopeless at times but you'll find yourself to be magically pulled through it.

No comments: