Sunday, May 06, 2007

Fighting Satan

So I woke up this morning from a phone call. It was Shelby giving me a call making sure I got up to go to church. Even though it was 15 minutes before the service started, I was pretty happy that God sent someone to wake me up.

I left the house with about 5 minutes before service started. Hearing that MCBC was pretty close to where I lived but parking was madness, I decided to walk there. Without knowing how the building looked like or where it really was exactly, I kept walking. At some points I even began to run a bit hoping I'd find it in time for the message.

I was at an intersection, seeing two buildings in different directions. One was big and white, the other I could only see the tip of the building. Thinking churches might usually be white for some reason, I raced towards the big building. As I walked closer, I was wondering where the cross on top of the building could be. Also where all the cars are. The parking lot was pretty much empty when I got there. There was no sign or anything near the building saying what it was. So I walked around to the front to find that it was not a church at all. I turned around and headed back to where I was before.

I started to go to the other building which seemed a bit further away than the first building. While I was walking/running, I came across Logo's Baptist Church. I was thinking of just going there but didn't seem like they were going to start service soon. Since I told my parents they can come find me at 10:30am (after service), I decided not to go to LBC. I kept walking and walking but I couldn't find that building. I looked up to try and see the roof but it was no where to be found. It was already 9:50/9:55am. There was no point looking anymore seeing how I missed 30minutes of the service already.

So what did I learn from all this?

I learned that satan tries really hard to keep you away from God. During the walking and running, the thought of just giving up kept running through my head. But I realized that satan was at work here and ignored him as much as possible. Even though at the end I didn't go to church, I learned a lot from the morning running around. God will continually give you strength to fight satan. He will protect you when you walk alone on the streets. Even when you take the wrong road, He will bring you back safely on the right road.

Hope everyone learned something from their own church service!

7 comments:

pi said...

yeah, sorry the call was so late, I didn't think of it until that moment.

well. I'm glad you learned something, hopefully got to spend some great time w/ God =)
and, google maps next time might be good too =)
God bless and take care ^_^

enochtang said...

there are also those practical lessons of "be prepared" and stuff like that too~

Bonus lesson: we are naturally apart from God. In our naturally state we have no idea how to find God at all despite our best effort God must find us before we can find him.

btw: in my opinion, better late than never and LBC for anything is better than nothing. I'll tell you the story of how i stumbled upon a church one day.

pi said...

Enoch's comment is nicely put =)

theresa :) said...

yea better late than never! logos baptist is justin's church too! i believe rachel wong (not elgin rachel) goes there too.

Swirlee said...

you should walk around your neighbourhood more often, then ;)

haha I look forward to hearing about next sunday =) when you find a church :D

Ernie said...

heard about this from enoch and i had to come read it! i'm just really confused, is the mcbc you're referring to "markham chinese baptist church"? .. cuz then how the heck do you end up coming across logos? that's a fifteen minute drive in good traffic...unless you were wandering for hours and hours.

Jeffrey said...

no...this logo is a sister church according to jliu...it was on rodick and 16th...

i realize now that mcbc is on woodbine..not rodick.....