Saturday, October 14, 2006

Tired And Learning

Going to start putting titles on my blogs. Why? Because it just seems a tad more professional and just because I want to.

It was quite tiring today, but let me take you back to last night after ACF. After ACF, we had our usual loitering in the classroom for 'x' mins (was thinking hrs but might be going too far). It moved to outside when the lights were being turned off, forcing a massive wave of Asians to walk out the building doors. A group went to Crabby Joes, as usual, and the rest went over to my house to chat around and play games. Waited for the bus for over 30 minutes I assume but probably took longer than that. Anyways, we got home and somehow everyone just followed me into my room and decided to stay there to talk. This meant I couldn't dodge everyone and go to sleep, even though it was still kind of early (if you consider 11pm to be early). So the conversation marathon began and I doze off time after time, catching Shirley planning to do something to me on the corner of my eye. Oh right, I forgot to tell you that I was still sick. And for some reason, when I laugh, it would make me cough even more. So we talked about a lot of things and most of them made me laugh. So yes, that meant I coughed a lot as well. Strangely, coughing works your abs if you didn't know that already. It's like doing crunches but you don't have to lie down on the floor. After a few hours (1pm-ish now), everyone begins to leave my room due to hunger. So that meant sleeping time for me. But while in bed I could hear the laughing from upstairs so that kept me awake a bit. As well, my coughing was pretty horrible that night for some odd reason. It just kept coming and coming, not allowing me to get some rest. But I eventually fall asleep and get some rest.

Next morning was SOFTBALL! First game back since our first game. I got ready, ate, dressed, took a quick nap on the couch. Ken rings the bell and off we went to the field. Got to the station and checked the schedule. Believe it or not, we just missed the bus by one minute. So we decided to just walk there and it wasn't that bad actually. Our team slowly gathered at the field and warmed up for the game. Game time arrived and our opponent was not to be found. Same goes for our umpire. Few minutes pass and they finally showed up, but we already got the win since they were late. It meant that I could have slept in and came late as well and I would have still won! Oh well, I got some exercise early in the windy, snowy Saturday morning. After playing a game, I went home and took a shower, packed up my books and fled to the library.

I walked into Einsteins and who do I see there bright and early? It was Hiram! Been so long since I've seen him in that place, and with his books open too! Double whammy!! Anyways, we went to go study and as we both knew, we started to drift off and fall asleep.

Geez, I'm going to cut this story short even though I have enough time to keep going. Long story short, I did a lot of stuff and made myself really tired. Should have just done this in the beginning. Save both you and my time, lol.

Anyways, was talking to Shelby and I said a few things that I didn't know I knew about. Some things you decide to do may not be what God wanted you to do. Here comes an analogy. Say your life is a story, there is a beginning and an end. These cannot be changed, they are written on paper with ink. But the things in between could be different. You've heard about alternate endings, but life is more like alternate paths that eventually end up at the same place. You have choices in your life that are provided by God. There may or may not be the "right" path but we're human. It's not like we'll choose the "right" path 100% of the time. We tend to slide off and take shortcuts, choose the "wrong" path, create our own paths, etc. But for every path that moves away from the ending, God shifts us back onto the right track (seems like I'm combining cars and books together...car story?). Anyways, God has plans for each and every one of us. If you disobey him and wander off, He'll yank you back onto the right path. He also fills the path that you supposedly were to take by placing someone else there. God just works that way with people. Isn't it so confusing yet so great the way He does this? Well, I think so anyways.

Hope this all made some sense and it wasn't just ideas flying in all directions. Till I blog again!

In Christ,
Jeffrey

3 comments:

pi said...

yiay for post entitling ^_^

interesting analogy =D
there's always that possibility of a discussion occuring b/c of the predestination-y elements, - but i'm glad you were able to expand and solidify some thoughts

and I agree that the Lord definitely has a plan =)

take care bro + keep on!

theresa :) said...

that analogy reminds me of shirley's dog and leash analogy from last year's coffeehouse. no matter how far a dog tries to stay.. it's master will always yank it back to where it's supposed to be. good stuff!

and yes.. i read your blog jeff :P
*raises eyebrows*

hope you get better soon!

enochtang said...

ever wonder if the choices are just an illusion?