Wednesday, June 21, 2006

If you thought golf was a leisure sport, think again. I use to play golf a bit. Took some lessons during the summer and went to the driving range a few times. But that was a long time ago and I haven't touched my clubs for quite a while. On Sunday, my cousin called me up in the afternoon to go to the driving range. So he picked me up and off we went to hit some golf balls into a field with boards sticking out of the ground with numbers on them. I took out my driver and began to swing it at the balls. The driver wasn't that short I thought, even though the set I bought years ago was a junior golf set. I forgot a few things about positioning and stuff but my cousin reminded me about them and gave me a few pointers as well. After a while, I wanted to try my other clubs. So I reached into my bag and grabbed the 5 iron. Oh boy, I had forgotten how short I was back then. The club was pretty short for me, but I was still able to hit the balls, kind of anyways. I wasn't hitting the balls that well so my cousin told me to use the 9 iron since it will tell me what I am doing wrong. So I grabbed my 9 iron and got into position. I looked down and I saw how short the club was. It was realllllllllly short. I had to bend down so much, looked like I was a China man sitting on the street, according to my cousin. I took my first swing and it did not look good. I totally missed the ball and the swing felt like I was trying to hit a baseball instead. Now that was quite embarrasing, hahahaha. It was tough, but as well a fun time that I had with my cousin. The only problem left was the pain. I woke up the next morning struggling to get out of bed because my ribs were in pain. I felt the after-effects of golfing. Oh the pain, how I did not expect you to be so painful. If I laugh, cough or sneeze, my ribs would feel like someone punched it. This is the effects of not exercising at all, sigh.

Started to read my biology textbook again. It is so hard to concentrate without the pressures of school breathing over my shoulders. I need an exam to get me going. Even a simple quiz or a test will do probably. I did however come up with a question from reading the textbook.
Q: What happens to the non-kinetocore microtubules that are continuously elongating in mitosis?
If anyone can help me answer this question, then thank you, lol.

Trying to get my driving test appointment for G license done right now. The stupid site is soooooooooo slow and the times I want seem to make the site go bonkers. *waves fist at the site*

No comments: